Have you heard the term Social Prescribing and wondered what it is? In this workshop we explore what is meant by social prescribing, including:
• how it can be transferred to the workplace and education settings to improve wellbeing
• how ‘greening’, ‘nature connectedness’ and ‘biophilic’ design to promote psychological wellbeing
• how these ideas can be used when caring for others, as well as enhancing our self-compassion
• how to develop a closer relationship with nature and our ‘ecological selves’
• practical ideas to take away
Social Prescribing is gradually becoming an integral part of NHS primary care support in Wales (Primary Care Hub, Wales, 2018). There is growing evidence that social prescribing, carefully matched to personal needs can result positive health and wellbeing, and improve a person’s quality of life (National Academy for Social Prescribing, 2021).
You will need to register for this event
Cookies are Disabled
Marketing and statisticsAdjust your preferences
Using your personal information
Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) is a Data Controller, registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (The ICO) under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer this training course/webinar and provide the products and/or services you have requested from us.
At WCVA we store your contact details in our Customer Management Relationship (CRM) database and we use Eventbrite as our booking system. Please see WCVA’s privacy notice to find out how your information will be used, who can access it, the legal basis on which your information is held and your rights in relation to this information. Please see Eventbrite’s privacy notice to find out how they use your information.