Have you heard the term Social Prescribing and wondered what it is? In this workshop we explore what is meant by social prescribing, including:
• how it can be transferred to the workplace and education settings to improve wellbeing
• how ‘greening’, ‘nature connectedness’ and ‘biophilic’ design to promote psychological wellbeing
• how these ideas can be used when caring for others, as well as enhancing our self-compassion
• how to develop a closer relationship with nature and our ‘ecological selves’
• practical ideas to take away
Social Prescribing is gradually becoming an integral part of NHS primary care support in Wales (Primary Care Hub, Wales, 2018). There is growing evidence that social prescribing, carefully matched to personal needs can result positive health and wellbeing, and improve a person’s quality of life (National Academy for Social Prescribing, 2021).